Anyone who knows me well understands or tries to understand my need to change up my surroundings. This not only includes seasonal decor but I also enjoy different themes. My latest obsession is the coastal 🌊🐚 farmhouse style. Some of you might not be familiar with this style. Think driftwood, soft muted greys, soft sea glass greens and muted and chippy white and cream. Since I change up my decor often I have to do it inexpensively. I look for pieces at the thrift stores and dollar store.
Here are a few elements of coastal style to look for
1. Driftwood or rustic wood. Look for barnwood or aged pieces
2. Sea glass green accents. Could be pillows or accessories
3. Coastal accessories so this may include seashells, wicker and other textures that add to the space
4. Muted greys-this can be in area rugs or your furniture. Soft grey chalk painted furniture or a muted grey area rug
5. Natural florals and succulents. Any coastal destination I’ve travelled often has lovely hydrangeas as they love rainy weather and sandy soil. I love incorporating them into my decor.
Those are my tips for incorporating this casual easy style even if you live far away from the sea like I do! Thanks for reading ❤️