Now that Fall is in full swing I thought I’d share my 5 favourite Fall essentials. In my part of Canada there is a very small window from Fall to Winter. Even if you don’t live in a cooler climate these essentials can easily be adapted
1. My first pick is blanket scarves. I love them because of there vibrant patterns and colours. They can be worn in a variety of ways. As a shawl instead of a coat or cardigan or around your neck in a million different ways. I have a huge collection 😂
2. My second pick is distressed denim. Being almost 50 years I was worried I was too old to rock distressed denim. I think the key to it is figuring out how much is too much. My teenagers have jeans that show more skin then jeans but for the ahem…mature set, light distressing can easily be suitable on a casual Friday especially paired with a nice blazer or cardigan.
3. My 3rd pick is vests. From fur to quilted nothing finishes a fall outfit like a vest. It’s also a great layering piece that you can cozy up over a sweater or flannel shirt and a cozy blanket scarf
4. Mad for plaid! The beauty of plaid is that it comes in so many colours! In addition plaid is everywhere in scarves, vests and skirts and incidentally looks amazing mixed with animal print and stripes.
5. My last Fall essential is booties! I love them because of their versatility. Whether you like a low heel, high heel or wedges booties look great with jeans, leggings, dresses and skirts and if you live in warmer climates even shorts. I’ve found some cute designer ones at a fraction of the retail cost.
I hope you enjoyed my top 5 picks and incorporate them into your your own Fall wardrobe 🍂🍁