I love the holidays and in particular love to look for cozy layering pieces that can create some super cute outfits without breaking the bank. I prefer dressing this way instead of wearing skirts or dresses. It keeps you cozy and comfy and you still look stylish!
My tips when thrifting layering pieces
1. Look for natural materials like wool or cotton blends! I was very pleased to find the camel coloured cape from Holt Renfrew for only $10! Looks great over denim or flannel or even a simple t-shirt
The wool grey coat pictured is made in Italy and wonderful quality.
2. Scarves are your best friend!! I even like to look in the men’s section especially for plaid!! I also look in the men’s section for flannel shirts, denim shirts and comfy sweaters.
3. Mix and match unexpected combinations! No need to be matchy matchy. Mix strong plaids and tweeds with animal print or houndstooth or even stripes!
Big bulky knits look great too!
4. A couple of pairs of leggings go a long way! In fact I think I might be wearing the same khaki leggings in almost all the pictures!!
5. Boots!!! I love them tall or short in basic colours like black brown and grey are all you need! Steal your hubby’s wool socks! Cut off the sleeves of an old sweater and make your own boot socks!!
Stay warm everyone and happy holidays!!🎄❤️❄️