So it’s all the rage!! I was inspired by all the cute signs I’ve seen at Winners and Pinterest and thought I’d try it!
I happened to have an old frame I wasn’t using that I got at Michaels, a can of chalkboard paint I bought years ago. All I had to buy was a chalk paint pen that cost all of $3.00! It was so easy!!
Here are some tips:
- Spray chalkboard paint in a well ventilated area, preferably outside with newspaper underneath to catch overspray
- spray in thin even layers and allow to dry between layers.
- You can tape the edges of the frame to avoid getting it on the wood but I’m far too lazy for that so I just had a damp paper towel on hand to wipe off the excess. Let it completely dry before you use your chalk pen.
- You can Google your saying and you’ll find tons of examples. I Googled “baby it’s cold outside” chalk art and found tons!! Pinterest has lots of great ideas and YouTube has some videos.
- Don’t worry about being perfect, the imperfections are what make it unique. Handwriting and lettering is a lost art and I think it’s really beautiful. I practiced a few times on plain paper with a sharpie before I wrote on my chalkboard. You could also transfer your design or use a light coloured pencil first to trace. I’m a lazy crafter though and I just went for it! I almost think of chalkboard art as a lost art form in a way so be creative and have fun!! 😄